Read Headache Support - You Should Keep a Headache Journal a lot more





Headache Support - You Should Keep a Headache Journal

Headache

I am a twenty plus year headache sufferer. Like you probably are, I was nearly at the end of my rope. After consulting with my neurologist, I decided to begin a headache journal. Once I started keeping a headache journal, my headaches improved almost immeasurably. I want to give you a few reasons why you should start keeping a headache journal as well.

It is not always easy to remember the severity and frequency of our headaches. How to do you remember whether you had a mild or a moderate headache on a Tuesday. In addition, in order to properly monitor your headaches you will also need to remember what you ate for breakfast and even whether or not you took any pain relievers the previous day.

These things are impossible to keep proper track of without a journal. Did you know that you will only remember ten percent of the thoughts that cross your mind? What does this mean to you? You won't necessarily remember everything that you ate, the pills you may have taken, even how much sleep you managed to get the night before.

If you have not already seen a medical practitioner about your constant headaches, the first thing she is going to want to know is the frequency, severity, and your use of pain relievers. It would be much easier for her to help you manage it with this information.

If you take pain relievers for your headaches, then I can almost guarantee that you take more than you realize. Pain relievers are considered by many neurologists as the number one cause of headache pain. They refer to it as a rebound headache and many believe that a rebound headache can occur from as few as 6 pain relievers a week.

In case you believe that this is not a lot, then please remember that it is only 2 pills, 3 times a week. This is easy to take, especially if you are not keeping track.

Finally, you will need to keep a headache journal because you will want to see positive results. If you have identified a food or a faulty sleeping pattern that is causing your headache, then you will want to be able to look back at your journal and think, " that is when my headaches started getting better."

Hopefully, you will begin to see some of the reasons why you get constant headaches.


Are your constant headaches getting you down? I was so frustrated that I almost couldn't cope anymore, no doctors could help and I was almost at the end of my rope. I started to take notes and finally got my headaches under control.

I now have a blog that outlines how I gradually reduced the frequency and severity of my headaches, and how you can cure your headache.