Read through Runner's Headache far more



A runner's headache problem some say distance runners get them. I can only give you my personal experience. I am a person who has had headaches everyday of my life since I suffered a concussion when I was nineteen years old. It didn't matter if I was running or not. Number two running the exercise headache of the act, didn't bring it on.

I did experience if I was fixing to go on a run and I already had a headache. I would be sure and take my pain medication before the run, because if I didn't my headache would get worse throughout the course of the run. Other than that, I've actually experienced no form of running brought on the headache. Meaning no speed work, no distance, no climate and nothing I ate made any difference.

Though when going to some races when talking to some other runner's sometimes one of them said they have experienced their encounters of some runs bringing a sudden headache on. This was less than five people over twenty years or more.

Headaches and the common cold has been a problem with man since the beginning of time. In prehistoric times they drilled a hole in the skull to let the evil spirits out! I wouldn't try that one! A migraine headache is also known as a sick headache that usually comes on in periodic attacks. Some suffer from sinus headaches. I had the sinus surgery one time. That didn't help headaches in my case.

Fatigue headaches are said to come from overwork. Of course some sleep and rest should take of that. Another type of headache that comes on to some people is called a hunger headache. These can often be cured by simply eating just a few crackers or some tea or even coffee. However, in some people they have become so dependent on their fix of caffeine that when they don't get their daily intake of the lack of caffeine, actually brings a headache on. This is a vicious cycle that is hard to break. But, with strong will power this cycle can be broken over a few months by keeping a close eye on using less and less intake of caffeine in colas and coffee.

My primary experience has been with muscle tension headaches. At least that is what I was diagnosed. Plus secondary of a combination of many of the others. Eye strain can bring on a headache. Even if the prescription of your glasses may have gotten too weak for you can bring on a headache. Load noise can bring on headaches to some as well as anxiety and blood pressure just to name a few. I almost forgot one...cluster headaches, this is one to not over look as this could be the early signs of a tumor.

Believe it or not there are some people who claim to never have had, not one headache in their entire lives! To people who have never had one, they can't possibly understand what one is like? Can you imagine having a treating doctor who never has and your dependent on him to prescribe you your medications!

In closing we should always be on the lookout because headaches can be the symptoms of a disease. Headaches can be the warnings of meningitis, malaria, smallpox and typhoid. The headache is saying hey! There is something wrong here! A few more warning signs of headaches can also be a signs of high blood pressure and kidney disease. There are ship loads of information if your want to dig even deeper at the National Headache Foundation.

Headache

Gary Cooper is a masters long distance runner and has ran in races in all the distance's, ranging from one miler's to the full marathon. Today he shares his racing strategies with all the age groups. He has run in close to one hundred races.

214-234-9110 1307 West Main Street Suite B-220 Mabank, Texas 75156 United States of America Skype gary.cooper471 http://runningrunnersrun.blogspot.com freecooper@gmail.com




Runner's Headache

Headache